Taking too long? Close loading screen.
Dalal & Mehta law firm


Talk with Us Today

Home Insights What is the Violence…

Dalal & Mehta / by

What is the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)?

What is the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)?

The Violence Against Woman Act or VAWA was signed into US law to help non-citizen women who have been abused gain access to citizenship.

Do You Qualify for VAWA?

Below you will learn how to apply and what is needed to qualify for VAWA:

  • Must be the spouse of a US citizen, a child under 21 of a US citizen, or the parent of a child under 21
  • Proof of marriage
  • Proof of abuse and neglect
  • Proof the incident occurred in the US
  • You must be of good moral character

A police report is not required to qualify for VAWA

Forms Needed to Apply

For those seeking citizenship under the VAWA, you need to fill out either Form I-360 or Form I-751.

We Can Help

If you have been battered by your spouse, the act of abuse can leave you feeling alone and helpless. But you don’t have to face this alone. We are here to help you in your time of need.

Our team of US immigration experts will offer you empathy and help you find a path to citizenship under the VAWA. This powerful law is designed to help people like you get away from their abusers and become a citizen of this great country.

Over the years, we have helped hundreds of women find a path to citizenship, and we want to help you. Please give us a call or send us an email today so that we can get started working on your case.

Take Action Today

You've waited long enough. It's time to talk with Dalal and Mehta.

Talk with Us Today

© 2023 Dalal & Mehta - all rights reserved | Site + Marketing by Klicker